NACADA Annual Conference Reminders!
- Registration opens , from in Washington Avenue Lobby on Level 1 of America's Center. Pick up your registration materials as soon as you can. , registration is open and will continue throughout the conference.
- Travel Information - Taxis are available from the airport to various hotel locations near America's Center as well as to the conference site. Additionally, NACADA and GO BEST Express Airport Shuttle have partnered together to provide convenient shared ride shuttle service to/from the airport and local hotels. Visit the Travel Information page on the website for booking instructions and other transportation options. Rental Car discounts are available through AVIS. You must reference NACADA's Avis Discount code - J097937 to receive the special rate. Call AVIS at (800) 331-1600. Visit the conference travel information webpage for additional details on shuttle service, car rental, and other ground transportation information available for you.
- Plan your schedule with the Interactive Schedule Planner which now includes features that allow you to search by track and/or keyword when building your personalized schedule. You can view Online Session Materials submitted by presenters at the Handouts Link. Presenters are asked to submit their handouts prior to, or no later than one week following the conference.
- Mobile App - Thanks to K-State Global Campus for sponsoring the mobile app for all attendees again this year! Be sure to download the new mobile app at http://guidebook.com/g/
nacada17 to gain instant access via your mobile device to the conference schedule, list of presenters, maps, and much more. The app will provide you with updates throughout the conference. Be sure to use the Connect feature to check in as an attendee and interact with others! The app is the quickest way to fill out the evaluations for each session.
- Volunteer! Our volunteer coordinators would love to hear from you. There is still time to sign up to be a volunteer for a concurrent session. You need to commit to attending the session you sign up for! Visit the volunteer signup links on the annual conference main page at http://www.nacada.ksu.edu/
Events/Annual-Conference.aspx. Contact Tyler Phelps (email@example.com ) with any questions. Expectations: do a headcount, hand out and gather evaluation forms, return evaluations to the evaluation desk...that is it!
- Blues and Q Welcome Reception - The Welcome Reception will be held at America's Center on the entire 2nd level, , from ; the reception is free to all paid participants. The reception will feature music, photo booths, strolling magicians, and wonderful St. Louis barbeque! While there, take an opportunity to visit with NACADA conference exhibitors, the Silent Auction, and the NACADA Publications booth as well! There will be a drink ticket for a complimentary drink waiting for you. This reception is always a great opportunity to network with others.
- Open Discussions - Join us for one or more of the Open Discussions to be offered during the conference. Discussions will be centered upon selected topics voted on by the membership. All discussions will be held in Hall 1. Topics and times will be available in the mobile app and the addendum. These discussions will be facilitated by a NACADA leader but the participants will drive the discussion. Come join us for these lively discussions prepared to share your ideas and to network.
- Tech Labs - The Technology in Advising Commission will be conducting Tech Labs at this year's conference. The labs will be 25-minute skill building demonstrations, and topics have been selected with all skill levels in mind. The labs will be held in America's Ballroom Prefunction area during the following scheduled times:
- Wellness Events - This year yoga classes will be offered in the 230 Prefunction area of the convention center and chair massages in the exhibit area, Level 2 Atrium. Visit the Wellness Events section of the conference website for details.
- An Addendum will be in your tote bag; be sure to read it for updates after the program was printed. Don't be caught sitting in an empty room waiting for a session to begin that has been cancelled!
- Internet in meeting space - Wi-fi is available in the meeting space. The wireless network you will connect to is SSID: NACADA Annual Conference Password: STL2017! Please be mindful of bandwidth use on your device. Due to the number of participants using the wireless network, we ask that you avoid video streaming or large downloads. Please download the app prior to coming.
- Spirit Day is Thursday, October, 12! You are invited to show your school spirit by wearing a t-shirt, polo, or Rugby shirt to represent your institution.
- Commission/Interest Group Fair and Continental Breakfast will be held , from in Hall 1. Each Commission and Interest Group will have an informational table.
- The Poster Session will be on , from in Hall 1. Visit a wide array of informative poster presentations and engage in discussions with the poster presenter(s) in their poster.
- Lunch - Lunches are on your own. Au Bon Pain, in the Plaza Lobby, 1st floor, will have a lunch menu available with seating if you would like to stay in the center and use the lunchtime to network with fellow members, or you can view the Explore St. Louis portion of the conference webpage, select "Things to Do" then the Dining link.
- Dinner sign-up information will be available at the Hospitality Desk.
- Shuttles - A complimentary shuttle will be running , from for the following hotels: Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch, Hyatt Regency at the Arch, Hilton Downtown at the Arch, and City Place Hotel.
- Complimentary shuttles will be running to and from the Convention Center to Ballpark Village Thursday and
- The Ballpark Village shuttles will stop near the Drury Plaza Hotel at the Arch, Hyatt Regency at the Arch, Hilton Downtown at the Arch, the Hampton, and City Place Hotel. Please ask the driver when you get on the shuttle.
- - Plan to stay for the duration of the conference and enjoy the last day. We have a great day planned for you, excellent sessions, and a place to store your luggage to make the last day less stressful. You can check out of the hotel; the Program Committee will be running a luggage depot in Room 106 from (only ), so you won't have to miss a single session. NOTE: all luggage has to be out of the room by . Luggage left after this time will be unattended.
- St. Louis Welcome Letter! The 2017 Program Committee would like to welcome you to St. Louis with and are excited for a successful conference! Please be sure to read the Welcome Letter in its entirety for a host of great information! https://www.nacada.ksu.edu/
Portals/0/Events/Annual Conference/2017/Documents/2017 St Louis.pdf
- A Participant List of the 2017 St. Louis Annual Conference registered participants is available at: http://www.nacada.ksu.edu/
- Please Note: NACADA does not offer NBCC credits associated with the Annual Conference but can complete a session attendance verification form upon request. Stop by the conference registration desk to pick-up a form for completion if needed.
- Be sure to use the hashtag #NACADA17.
We look forward to seeing you in St. Louis!
The Midwest Regions Annual Conference Committee
NACADA Executive Office